Kit pédagogique "N'oubliez jamais"
Since November 2022, a team of volunteer teachers with extensive experience in curriculum design and teaching French to Year 9-12 students, worked on this project. By July 2023, a 20-minute documentary was made on the life of Esther Wise, who was a 15-year-old Jewish girl during World War Two and survived the Holocaust. After the war, Esther migrated to Melbourne, Australia where she still lives today at age 99. The last 7 months have been devoted to creating comprehension and communicative activities based on Esther's personal story as she relates it in the documentary.
The year of the publication of this educational kit marks the centenary of Esther Wise and celebrates the courage and resilience demonstrated by this young girl. We hope that through her experience, your students will never forget that despite our different origins, beliefs, and values, we, as human beings, deserve and must cultivate respect, compassion, and tolerance.
The educational kit:
- Is based on the personal experience of a young survivor of the Holocaust in France
- Is to be used alongside the 20-minute documentary in four parts, with or without French/English subtitles and transcripts
- Is to be presented as interactive and/or printable pdfs
- Contains reading, listening, speaking, viewing and writing activities
- Offers differentiated activities for Years 9-10 and Years 11-12
- Was developed by the AFTV and available to all AFTV members and non-members
Currently to switch subtitles, please view the desired video via the Youtube links above.
We are interested in receiving your feedback and/or worksheets, unit planners, scope and sequence documents, rubrics you may wish to design based on the kit so that we can continue adding to the supporting resources available with the kit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.